Segway Events is proud of its safety record and the safety of our participants is paramount, the below information will give you information as to how we operate as a competent and safe organisation
The Segway X2 encoumpases amazing technology with stylish and tough design as it effortlessly glides over the rough terrain. However there are risks involved in taking part in the Segway Rally experience. At Segway events we have taken various precautions to minimise the risk of injury.
Given the type of activity Segway participants should not look at it as a ride or theme park type experience, it is an activity inline with rock climbing, mountain biking or abseiling. Consequently all participants wishing to take part in the activity must assess the risks involved. At Segway Events we help you to do this via a registration process where you the participant can read our documentation and inform yourself. Obviously this also involves some administration including the signing of an insurance waiver form with a member of the crew present so that you are able to ask any pertinent questions that may arise.
The principle of Competence applies both to equipment and to personnel, and requires they are of sufficient quality to competently perform the job demanded. The principle of Competence requires that safety related equipment satisfies the minimum standards which ensure its capability both for normal use and for all anticipated extreme conditions of use. In addition all safety-related tasks and responsibilities are assigned only to persons recognised to have the necessary knowledge and abilities to perform them.
Segway Events employ highly trained instructors. All crew are professional, friendly and proficient in dealing with participants whilst at the same time providing a safe but positive experience. Our system ensures that each crew member recieves the training and experience appropriate to their tasks and responsibilities and a log is kept of the role each crew member undertakes at every event.
- All equipment is logged
- All equipment is checked daily and signed off by at least two crew members on a check list.
- Safety equipment includes, knee and shin pads, elbow pads, and a helmet.
Riders will not be allowed to ride a Segway if:-
- They are under 134cm tall
- Their weight exceeds 117kg (18 ½ stone)
- Their weight is under 45kg (7.1 stone)
- All equipment checked daily
- Senior crew have performed practical assessments
- All participants will be double checked
- Safety equipment, elbow pads, knee and shin pads, helmets, and gloves are always used.
- Full insurance is provided for every participant